Friday, November 12, 2010

Berry Bracelet


Here's another post about inspiration.  This time it is far less concrete...definitely a very abstract interpretation.

Early this fall while at my son's soccer game I noticed this brilliant mass of wild berry bushes.  They were absolutely breathtaking.  The bushes, which were at least 8 ft tall,  were covered in brightly colored berries in a crazy mix of hues that I have never seen in nature before.   Blue, teal, periwinkle, seafoam, violet, purple, magenta...sometimes all appearing in the same cluster of berries.  Simply striking.

Of course such a sight got me thinking and this bracelet is what came of it.  It is a very chunky solid sterling silver cuff that makes a statement big enough for Wonder Woman.  I also scattered three 6mm bezel set cabochons throughout the bracelet in colors that reminded me of those wild berries....iolite, amethyst and garnet.

The cuff will make it's debut at our show tomorrow.

By the way, I would love to know what kind of berries these are...anyone have a clue?

1 comment:

  1. Mystery solved. A friend of mine identified it as PORCELAIN VINE

    http://thymeafterthyme.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=99

    ReplyDelete