Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back to Basics


Bold toggle pendants like this one are definitely one of my signature looks. They have been a really good seller for me so I've made a lot of them...so many that I needed to take a break from them for a while.  I was feeling the need to make pieces that are very complex and detailed.  Something that's a stretch for me...both design wise and technically.  But now I am on the toggle kick again prompted by a buying binge of beautiful pearls.  Sometimes simple is best and I think that is why these toggle necklaces work.  I seem to always gravitate toward oddly shaped pearls that have the kind of variations that only Mother Nature could create.  The sleek toggle with its mirror finish is a nice contrast to the quirky, organic pearls.

Necklaces like this one are also the reason why I sell jewelry now.  A necklace somewhat similar to this one was the very first piece that I ever sold over five years ago.  There is nothing like selling your first piece. To see someone enjoy what you created is really an indescribable feeling.  It is something that you never forget.

So as simple as they are these are some of my favorite pieces to make.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful necklace Denise! I love the toggle too.:) Isn't it funny that you never forget the first piece you sold??? It is almost like your first boyfriend! :)
    Have a great weekend....
    Health and happiness,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete